Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Prada SPR 080


Prada makes sunglasses? They are known as a very high end fashion brand, making clothes and purses, but they do make sunglasses. I wanted to see for myself, if these are another high end brand with an inflated price tag on cheap glasses, or do they actually have something to offer.

Philosophy/Function
These are a high end brand stylish pair of glasses, meant for women. I think the main goal with this one was to create a unique shape thats very appealing and can be worn in many dressy occasions. with that being said, they are sunglasses of course, but not the best for serious sun shades, since they don't come with polarized lenses.

Style
I think the style on these is great. It's a beautiful looking pair of glasses that looks very elegant. It's also a good size, which I think can fit well on most women. It's a very nicely polished tortoise frame with brown, gradient tinted, lenses. I think the little gold bar that connects the temple to the frame is a really nice touch. I also like how it says Prada on the gold bar in a subtle way and isn't too gaudy. Overall, i think they did a nice job with the design of this and it will appeal to many.

Quality/Durability
I was presently surprised about the quality on these glasses. They actually are made pretty well. It's great to see a fashion company take some pride in their work with something that isn't their main focus. The plastic is very good quality and not cheap. It's all held together very well with screws, rather than a lot of glue and the engraving is great too. I actually think these can last for a pretty long time. The only knock on these is the plastic, non-polarized lenses.

Price/Value
These can be found for around 200, with some good shopping. That's actually not a bad price, if your are into fashion and like the Prada brand. The quality is good of the frame, but if need serious eye protection, then I would look elsewhere. If you are looking for something that's a good brand, good quality, and a truly nice looking design, I think you would be happy with these for the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment